RE: Lifting Devices

I hope you are being facetious.  The topic under
discussion is well within the capacity of a structural
engineer (or a civil engineer who also performs
structural designs. As a Structural engineer, I have
evaluated the adequacy of several such structures.

Boge, you may want to look at OSHA sections pertaining
to lifting devices. If I remember correctly, lifting
devices typically have a factor of safety of 5 with
respect to the failure load.

Rajendran