RE: IBC Code Change Moratorium in 2003

The reason for this, as far as I know, is that after 2002 code change
hearings are going to an 18 month cycle instead of yearly hearings which we
currently have. The rationale is that reviewing code changes every year is
somewhat overwhelming, especially for a code that is not even widely adopted
yet. So the purpose is to reduce the frequency of the hearings not a
complete overhaul. (I hope!)

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA

	In going over the ICBO/ICC code development meeting schedule on the
ICBO web
	site, I noticed that there will be a code change moratorium in 2003.

	Does this mean that there will be another complete change in the
Building
	Code; the third in as many code change cycles???

	A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
	Tucson, Arizona