Re: Lifting Devices

If you are not able to find load factors, I think
"allowable stress design method" can be adopted to
this problem. According to AISC code the live load
shall be increased up to 100% as follows.
for supports of elevators........100%
for supports of light machinery, shaft or motor
driven...20%
... You can find it in the code, Sect.A4.2.impact

Park