Re: Snow Depth

I don't know about the heights in the UBC, but the density of 35 pcf can't
happen.  At least not around here (the Sierras of California and Nevada),
snow just can't hold that much water.  It is possible to get snow/ice that
dense, but the snow pack has to be really old, where a significant portion
of snow has changed to ice.  Generally this only happens late in the year
when the height (and psf) of the snow is no where near maximum.

 In this area the Rocky Mountain Conversion Density (RMCD) is more accurate
in determining density.  A discussion of the UBC density and RMCD is
contained in the "Snow Load Analysis for Washington", put out by SEAOW.

here are some approximate RMCD densities
Pg(psf)  -- D(pcf)
  20 -- 11
  40 -- 16
  60 -- 18