RE: IBC Code Change Moratorium in 2003

Ben,

I sure hope you're right, but I can't understand why a moratorium on code
change submittals would be necessary just to go to an 18 month hearing cycle.

In the back of my mind, I was wondering if this was to change to a
"performance based" code, whatever that is.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Ben Yousefi wrote:

. > The reason for this, as far as I know, is that after 2002 code change
. > hearings are going to an 18 month cycle instead of yearly hearings which
. > we currently have. The rationale is that reviewing code changes every
. > year is somewhat overwhelming, especially for a code that is not even
. > widely adopted yet. So the purpose is to reduce the frequency of the
. > hearings not a complete overhaul. (I hope!)

. > Ben Yousefi, SE
. > San Jose, CA

. >         In going over the ICBO/ICC code development meeting schedule on
. > the ICBO web
. >         site, I noticed that there will be a code change moratorium in
. > 2003.

. >         Does this mean that there will be another complete change in the
. > Building
. >         Code; the third in as many code change cycles???

. >         A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
. >         Tucson, Arizona