RE: Welding on bolts

I don't have a problem with crimping the threads on any permanently
installed bolts of stainless or carbon steel.  Unbolting tensioned stainless
steel bolts is always a crap shoot anyway because of galling.  Stainless
steel will often times self crimp.  If re-use of stainless steel bolts is
foreseen, they should be designed, installed, and protected with special
precautions.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague (triangular wheel - patent pending)