RE: effective length factor for sway moment frames? K for frames

I should qualify what I just said.  I think Bruce Bates got it right when he put
an automatic K-factor calculation routing in the RISA program.  Tha just lookes
at the element curvature and end restraint to calculate a more precise K factor
that would go into the AISC equations.  WHat I do not think is right is to
assume that you can use a K of 1.0 just because you included P-delta effects in
the analysis.

martin