Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: Engineering from Home - Protecting Personal Assets

If you want to protect yourself, carry professional liability insurance.  For small low billing practices or side practices like you refer to DPIC has some relatively inexpensive policies.

Incorporation is not really viable for a small entity.  As a professional you are essentially on the hook regardless.  If you incorporate, as a sole practitioner, the corporation would be deemed "closely held" and would provide no additional protection.

Paul Feather