From: Structuralist [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 5:03 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Old Building Codes

David,
Seems like we agree on something - here was my list (as a guitarist I can't
think of one "favorite" or "best" as they are all unique). Sorry if my
spelling of names is poor:

Leo Kottke (best 12-string player in my book)
Laurance Juber (known primarily to studio and fingerstyle guitarists)
Peppino D'Agostino
Pierre Bensusan
Marcel Dadi
Guy Van Duser (nobody plays Sousa on guitar better than Duser)
Chris Proctor
Michael Hedges
Santana
Rick Ruskin
Phil Keaggy
Pat Donohue
Tim Sparks
Bob Brozman (slide guitar)
**Ben Harper (aquaintance and excellent slide guitarist)
Adrian Legg
Rory Block
Lee Ritenour
Pete Finger
Duck Baker
Tuck Andress
El McMeen (an attorney no less)
Ry Cooder
Al De Meola
Bert Jansch (originally with Pentangle in the 60's)
David Grisman
Jerry Garcia
Joe Miller
Stefen Grossman
John Renbourn
Django Reinhardt
George Benson
Charlie Christian
Wes Montgomery
Al Caiola
Chet Atkins (Jethro Burns brother-in-law)
Mark Knopfler
*Jethro Burns (an old friend from Chicago)
Carlos Montoya
Christopher Parkening
Muriel Anderson
Elliot Fisk
Andre Segovia
B.B. King
Albert King
Buddy Guy
Eric Clapton
Steve Ray Vaughan
Jimmy Vaughan
John Fahey
Robert Johnson (not the SEAOI Bob Johnson)
Blind Lemon Jefferson
Keb? Mo?
Roy Rogers (the other Roy Rogers)
etc. etc. etc. and not in that order. I can't see how anyone can pick a
"best" when each of the above has a unique style that others can only "try"
and copy - I don't know anyone who can match them.