RE: Roof Equipment

I believe that the Fp calculation provides factored load forces as does the base shear calculation.  You can, therefore, divide by 1.4 for allowable stress design.

Nicholas Blackburn, PE

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Hauer [mailto:lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 12:46 PM
To: seaint
Subject: Roof Equipment

What is the common practice for anchoring roof top mounted equipment based on the '97 UBC? Per Table 16-O, 3),C), an Ap of 2.5 and Rp of 3.0 is required. Using Formula 32-2 with Ca=0.57, I'm coming up with 1.36W, (ASD). Has it really increased this much over the older codes?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer, S.E.