Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Foundation Jacks

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
try the following:

-----Original Message-----
From: Fountain Conner [mailto:fconner(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 8:04 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Re: Foundation Jacks

I just called Hubbell/Chance, and got an answering machine.  The company
name used to be A.B. Chance Co.

You can fax a request to:  573 682 8660

The mailing address is:

210 N. Allen St
Centralia, Mo 65240

The phone is:  573 682 8414, for what it's worth.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561
   Phone 850-932-5547
   Fax      850-934-1916

> From: richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject: Foundation Jacks
> Date: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 9:32 AM
> If my memory is still good, which on some days I have to question, I used
> to see adds in Aberdeen's Concrete Construction magazine for foundation
> shoring.  I was a steel corkscrew type apparatus.  I no longer have
> access to those magazines.  Can somebody give me a lead on a web page for
> a product like this.  Also, if anybody has some good or bad
> recommendations for using this product, I would appreciate hearing those
> as well.
> My application is a house located on expansive soil.  The walls are 7
> inch thick stone, and it appears as though there is significant movement
> of the interior walls, moving down.  The exterior walls are in fairly
> good shape.  Only one wall has significant cracks, but quite a few of the
> interior walls are cracked.  It makes me wonder also if poor soil
> compaction inside the building has caused settlement of the interior
> walls.
> Thanks for your help.
> Rich