Returned Mail Puzzle

Many of you may remember that, last week, a post on
"Lifting Devices", by one Eric Green, appeared on this
list service. I sent a response addressed to
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org. My reply was returned by the
"Mailer D(a)emon" stating that it could not be
delivered to the addressee. Browsing through the
details, I found that the final recepient was shown to
be a doug.parker(--nospam--at)austin.hayneswhaley.com. How did my
intended address change to some other?

Rajendran