Re: IBC2000 size of a 16d nail

I have pretested screws on site, if they pass my test, I still know nothing. If
they fail, the contractor gets the idea. Drill the screw in half way and take a
large hammer and bend it over. Most are brittle and break off. I suppose if
there is an ICBO report for that failed screw, then its ok. An idea I have yet
to try is to bend the screw with a torque wrench. I have some open ended wrench
fittings (special order) for my torque wrench.

David Merrick, SE