Re: IBC special seismic load combinations for steel design

Scott,

While I can really answer your question (don't have the time to look at it
and then switch off the "brain power conservation mode" at the
moment...plus I am sure someone else with more brain power will respond),
I can ask a dumb question.  Are you using the 1997 AISC Seismic Provisions
WITH the 1999 Supplement No. 1?  This is actually what the 2000 IBC
references.  I don't know if the Supplement No. 1 deals with the sections
that you are dealing with since I cannot located my electronic copy of
Supplement No. 1 and AISC seems to have removed it from their web site.

HTH, but likely does not...

Scott