RE: IBC special seismic load combinations for steel design

Scott,

It may not matter, but then again...be careful...while I can't see any
real problems because Supplement No. 2 is "more complete", the 2000 IBC
_DOES_ not refer to Supplement No. 2 at all...it references Supplement No.
1 only.  Thus, strictly speaking, the "letter of the law" (so to speak) is
1997 AISC Seismic Provisions with the 1999 Supplement No. 1.

There may be a "code cycle" change than has updated the 2000 IBC (or will
shortly) to use Supplement No. 2...I believe that a supplement to the IBC
is in the works.  Someone from AISC maybe able to comment...Charlie are
you out there?

HTH,

Scott