RE: Searching the List Archives

Mark,
You hit on the one weak spot in our List. I'm not sure what is required to
resolve it and Shafat would probably have to address your question directly,
but I have been frustrated trying to find posts in the archives as well.
This was one of the reasons why it would have been better to have adopted
some form of minimal coding to be used on the messages - to make retrieval
from the archives easier. The members of the list had decided this issue -
too much addional work and would take some of the enjoyment away from
participating on the listservice.
If there is a database within the archives that create a search on the
subject or text in the body of the message, I don't see why it could not be
linked to a better search engine.
I think this issue needs to be address as we go forward, the archives are
going to grow to a tremendous number. I believe there are already near
14,000 messages posted each year on the List (I reviewed a summary that was
posted somewhere) and it will only make searching for information that much
more difficult.

Regards,
Dennis