From: Jason Emoto [mailto:jemoto(--nospam--at)reidmidd.com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 4:36 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: QUERY: Field Quality Assurance for Concrete Coatings

<<<I want to require that the Contractor "retain a testing agency at
Contractor's expense to perform periodic inspection of concrete coating
operation.">>>

Doesn't this create a conflict of interest for the testing agency?  I
believe standard practice is to have the owner or designer pay the inspector
(unless it's part of the contractor's internal QC program).

Jason Emoto