From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 01 12:17:14 -0500
>How do you make a drawing like that? AutoCAD?
>And how do you get it into .pdf format?
Piece of cake. Adobe Acrobat lets you print to a file just like you print
to a printer. I don't know how it works on Wintel iron but on my Mac all
I do is select 'Print to File' from the usual print dialog box, and it
makes a pdf file. You can add whatever security notes, signatures and
annotations you want within the Acrobat program itself. It works with all
the software I use including programs like MSWord 5.1a that are 10 years
old. And the pdfs are totally cross-platform and already compressed.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org