From: Chris TSE [mailto:cyltse(--nospam--at)pacbell.net]
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2001 10:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: COMMENTS REQUESTED: Weird Wood Sheathed "Shear Wall"

Bill,
I read your sketch. I shared the same concern of the force perpendicular to
the
wall surface as others.
1. My next question is if this is a remodeling project. If so, can that
bulkhead
be
demolished and build from scratch with one uniform material without trying
patch or develope moment connections here and there. Not sure about the
total
wall height and wall thickess for both materials, but by comparison, it
seems
most cost effectively done this way in Western coast. Also, try to fit
window
frame into
two different materials, seems generating headache.
2. If this were a brand new project, can that architect accept veneering
below
the
window sills, that will make your life a lot easier, wont it.
Just 2 cents of thoughts.