RE: OSB vs. Plywood

You got it right. OSB and Plywood perform similarly. There are concerns with
OSB from outside the Structural Board Association and APA, but most of the
concerns have most to do with usage and exposure of OSB. Properly handled
and installed, OSB will be less expensive to use and perform equally well as
comparable grades of Plywood. My only concern is the problem with over
nailing. In five-ply panels, the over nailing problem is minimized as the
loss of one ply generally provides similar results as a 4-ply panel. APA
publishes a standard for allowable over nailing in panels. I don't see the
comparative value with OSB as over nailing tends to crush the edge of the
panel. I would not mind hearing from others on any major concern with OSB
and over nailing.

Dennis