Are we slow these days?

Greetings, fellow strucs.

Recently I posted a request of this list, asking for anyone who does small
commercial buildings to give me a holler, that I needed to ask some
questions.

As it happened, I merely wanted to engage in an informal "price comparison"
as I am in the process of evaluating my fees.

I'm afraid I let some of you with the wrong impression thereby, and I
apologize.

I have since received many emails, a couple of faxes and even a telephone
message, indicating that I had left the impression I was either looking for
someone to do a job, or looking to hire someone.

Which leads me to the question: What is up out there? Have things slowed
down to that extent now?

Things seem to be pretty much the same as usual around here. In fact,
protracted months of higher energy prices have been salutary to the
energy-based economy here in Houston (which seems to be out-of-phase quite
often with the rest of the country insofar as the business cycle is
concerned).

So, are things really slow, or is this just a result of my miscommunication?

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251