Re: Hoist Capacity

Mr Gilligan,

	Use not more than 20 k.s.i. for known A36 steel in as new condition
with ALL impact and lateral loading considered.  You should find back up
for this in AISC ASD specification.  18, or 15 k.s.i. would not be too
low for unknown steel.  More important are possible defects including
welding flaws which must be detected by inspection.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson,
				Calgary