Plyscord

Marlou,

IIRC, Plyscord was a proprietary plywood of the Douglas Fir Plywood
Association, now the APA.

In the "Technical Data Handbook" published by the DFPA, there is mention of
Plyscord and a table of allowable stresses.  In the 1964 UBC, table 25B
appears to be the same as the table in the "Handbook," with the last column
applying to Plyscord.  (In those days, we had to "design" plywood as there
was no index identification.)

The recommendation of the "Handbook" is to design for one stress *lower* than
the stress in the table.  Since Plyscord is the lowest grade of plywood, no
reduction in the allowable stress is necessary.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Marlou Rodriguez wrote:

. > After reviewing some drawings from the 50's, I noticed the sheathing was
. > called out as Plyscord.

. > Can anyone expand my knowledge my letting me know what type of plywood
. > this is.