RE: Guitar

FWIW, "Yes" was QUITE "edgy" in its time. My favorite of theirs is still
"Relayer". Steve Howe's comping on that album is quite complex.

Also, there are certain guitarists that I 'like' even though I know they
aren't technically astute. I have to say that I have always enjoyed "The
Edge" in that category. I have to admit it: I remember U2 when they were
fresh and new, and I don't have the attitude toward them that I guess you're
supposed to have.

Two more guitarists that no one has mentioned, that I'd put in a "top ten"
list:

Robert Fripp and Andy Summers.

Fripp's work speaks for itself, but I don't think Summers got the credit he
deserved for the work he did both with The Police and afterward. He is quite
accomplished.

I have an old cassette tape of Summers' solo work "I Advance Masked" which
features Robert Fripp; the two did quite a lot of work together.

So if I mention Fripp, I gotta mention Adrian Belew.

And if I mention Adrian Belew it makes me think of Adrian Legg.

And so on and on we go...

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas