Re: Plyscord

PlyScord was the Douglas Fir Plywood Assn. (DFPA) tradename for C-D plywood
sheathing. It was made with all plies of Douglas Fir, so it should be
considered equivalent to Structural I plywood sheathing. Panel thickness should
be verified, as 3/8" sheathing was often used when such panels were produced.
(Other plywood sheathing thicknesses were 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4".)  Also, it would
be advisable to visually check panels for any signs of deterioration (such as
panel delamination or decay due to inadvertent prolonged exposure to moisture
from leaks over the years of service).
John Rose/APA (retired)