'I also forgot to state that Carlos Santana is over-rated. His is okay. I
can put my little pinky on the 14th fret and strum really fast too. He is
however, a great ambassador for music in general. His back up musicians are
Speed is over-rated. It's not how fast you play it - it's what you play and
what you convey in what you play. Remember that sustain combined with
bending is what made electric blues what it is today. Simply being fast
without being melodic is, in my opinion, monotonous.
Guitar playing isn't a track run. Listen to classical or Celtic styles on
guitar - speed isn't half as important as voicing. Everything in moderation!
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org