RE: Guitar

Thank you Chris!
I missed Sharon Isbin, but I believe I picked on Segovia, Parkening, and
added Muriel Anderson and Liona Boyd (who I proclaimed one of the most
beautiful Classical guitarists).

If you want to be picky - try Frncisco Tarrega, Fernando Sor, Fernando
Carulli, Mauro Giuliani and Robert deVisee.

Don't forget Flamenco - Sabicas, Paco de Lucia, Carlos Montoya (a tremendous
little guy with fat fingers - I saw him twice)

How about South American - Gabor Szabor, Charlie Byrd, Stephen Bell,
Laurindo Almeida

Jazz - Kenny Burell (still teaches at UCLA), Wes Montgomery (West Coast
Jazz), Charlie Christian, Joe Pass (one of the finest), Barney Kessel, Al
Caiola, ad infinitum.....

When I think that most of my life has been listening primarily to
guitarists, it's amazing to me how many I've mentioned (all of whom I've
listened to in the last 43 years of playing) and how unbelievable this all
is. On top of this, the list can go on and on as there are so many I have
yet to hear.

BTW, in my post to Gerard (the last one where I mentioned fastest accoustic
guitarists - these were winners of National Fingerstyle Competitions in
Winfield Kansas where most end up with recording contracts beside a cash
award. Most of them end up guitarist's guitarists, in other words, not a lot
of public recognition, but certainly plenty of appreciation from peers.

Check out their websites for sound bytes.

Regards,
Dennis

I'm begining to