Subject: What is the 1076 of Later Edition of the UBC?
From: "Martin W. Johnson" <MWJ(--nospam--at)eqe.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:39:58 -0700
First, it is definitely the 1976 UBC - the year in which seismic design forces
increased by 50 percent.
"Flexible diaphragm - rigid walls" means concrete or masonry walls, with either
wood or metal deck.
I hate doing those certification form things, the concept is great but the
politics are dirty.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org