Re: California PE Vs SE requirements

----- Original Message -----
From: "Structuralist" <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 8:01 PM
Subject: RE: California PE Vs SE requirements

> Paul,
> The over counter plan checker in our area who is not licensed is simply
> referred to as a Plan Check Technician. I have never heard of any city
using
> the Plan Check engineer to refer to anyone without at least a degree in
> Civil engineering. While I have seen Plan Check Engineers who were not
> licensed, they did have the education.
>
> I have a different opinion of Plan Check Engineers.

Dennis,

I did not intend that my opinion be applied to ALL plan check engineers,
only the 20% or so that I run into who are obviously out their depth.

I am sure that many of the qualified plan check engineers regard some of the
engineers they deal with as obviously out of their depth, even with the
title.

Paul Feather