RE: California PE Vs SE requirements

Paul,
I think you misunderstood. I was trying to say that in the areas where I
practice, if the plan checker is not an engineer he is simply called a plan
check or counter technician. I have not heard the term Plan Check Engineer
used without either a degree in engineering and/or a license. If he does
Architectural Plan Check only, is he called a Plan Check Architect?

There are good and bad in all jobs. I don't think Sid's comments were so out
of line that it warranted the response it had - which as you and I point out
should not be considered the "norm".

Dennis