RE: What is the 1076 of Later Edition of the UBC?

Thanks Martin,
I agree about the politics, however they do give you an out as the
instruction has a footnote that defines their term "certify" as a
professional opinion. I can say that I would replace the term Certify in my
report with "Professional Opinion based on the information provided and
limited access to the building structure".
It is a dirty job but someone has to do it!

Regards,
Dennis