From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 01 21:21:47 -0500
>I'm using 6 ksi to be safe.
If I wanted to be safe, I'd put in pins manufactured to a permissible
ASTM specification and then I'd use the shear stress corresponding to the
minimum specified mechanical properties. C1010 is really only a chemistry
spec--the mechanical properties depend on the processing.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org