From: "Prakash C. Chowdhury" <pcchowdhury(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 06:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
Federal Highway Authority conducted corrosion tests on more than 50
'types' of rebars in late 90's ; among the 10 'solid metallic' rebars
was one "CORROSION RESISTANT STEEL ALLOY BAR". Can any one give the full
chemical composition of the steel tested and how it performed ?
Earlier, the Building Research Establishment in UK had tested a whole lot
of rebars including a cor-ten type of weathering steel, which was
pronounced unsuitable in concrete. I wonder if FHWA tested something
Prakash C.Chowdhury, B.Sc(Surrey), Ph.D.(N'cle),
Regional Resident Representative, Torsteel Research Foundation in India,H-1A, Hauz Khas,New Delhi - 110 016, INDIA.
E-Mail : pcchowdhury(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org