Through Bolts

I have an existing 8" CMU brick veneer composite wall I want to support a
new steel shelf angle.  I wanted to use through bolts to connect the shelf
angle to the wall.  I am looking for some design guidelines on the capacity
of the masonry dowel bearing strength or some method of checking the
masonry.  I was planning to use a similar analysis to that found in the NDS
for single shear wood connections but eliminating the failure modes
associated with what would normally be a wood member.  I have seen other
engineers use the shear capacity for the bolt being used from the AISC
manual as the capacity but this is most definitely incorrect.  Any input
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Daniels

ced(--nospam--at)larsondesigngroup.com