From: richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:59:13 -0500
I sent this a month ago and didn't get a response. I would appreciate
some insight on this slab repair. Thanks!
I have a concrete slab the is severely dusting on the surface. By severe
I mean the top one inch is turning to powder. It was built in the mid
80's out in the bush of Kenya. I must assume it was prematurely finished
and probably overwetted during the finishing process. I am not sure what
else would cause that much of the surface to deteriorate. It is an
What I would like to know is a recommended mix design for a topping slab
of about 1" thick. It will be mixed by hand at the site. What is
recommended for aggregate size and proportions of aggregate and portland
As far as surface preparation, my thought is to remove the dust down to
sound concrete. I hope we can find some! Then, wet the surface and add
Thanks for your help.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org