Re: Oil-free Compressed Air

There are two types of air compressors in general use.  The oil-less
variety and the type that uses oil in the compressor motor.  The oil-
less type will not impart any oil to the air while compressing it, so
the only oil in the air would come from either an oiler or from a
worker manually putting oil in the hose, which isn't usually done.
They usually put a few drops of oil in the tool at the connector
to the hose, instead of oiling the hose.

The oil type compressors use oil to lubricate the piston in the
compressor, thus imparting some oil in the air.  This oil and any
water that condenses in the compressor's tank is generally filtered
out of the line with and inline filter.  So, if there is a filter in the line,
usually where the hose attaches to the compressor, and a non-oiled
hose is used, you shouldn't get any oil in the air.

Good Luck,
Lloyd Pack