FW: Re:IBC special seismic load combinations for steel design

From: carr(--nospam--at)icbo.org [mailto:carr(--nospam--at)icbo.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 9:45 AM
To: HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us
Subject: Fwd:Re:IBC special seismic load combinations for steel desig

Scott,

One further thought/clarification. For those members/elements specifically
required to use the special seismic load cases in IBC (e.g collectors,
members
supporting discontinuous systems, etc.), the IBC load combinations must be
used.
Other than these cases, when AISC Seismic Provisions require use of the load
combinations, I would say that the AISC combination may be used. In browsing
2000 NEHRP updat, I don't see any changes.

Alan Carr