Scott Haan and others have made some posts recently about the IBC and have mentioned 2000 NEHRP Provisions. I am assuming that since you are a plan checker & likely a member of ICBO, that you received an advance copy. I was wondering if there is a web page or something that we could download or look at to review for ourselves.
Specifically, I am interested in the Perforated Shear Wall Methods are based on the 2000 NEHRP provisions (according to recent posts). The only examples I have of this method are in SDM 2 & a HUD publication. I am interested in gaining a better understanding of the perf walls and it seems that the 2000 NEHRP is the place to look. There is a publication from 1995 from the NDS people "Wood Frame Construction Manual" but I am wondering if it is still current.
The benefits of a long commute on a train is you have plenty of time to read ...
Any help is appreciated in obtaining current criteria and design examples. Thanks.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org