> ACI 318-99 actually does not really mention elongation either.
But in the commentary you quoted:
"the larger the ratio of ultimate to yield moment, the longer the yield
Which I interpret to mean as referring to the elongation.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org