The numbers do not add up and I have never seen anything in APA lit. to
address this issue. Engineering Judgement.
George Richards, P. E.
From: Michael Bryson [mailto:michael.bryson(--nospam--at)englekirk.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 1:27 PM
Subject: Gaps between plywood sheathing
Typically you install sheathing with a 1/8" gap between sheets to allow for
some expansion, correct? If the sheets are supported by a 2x framing member,
how do you get your edge distance for a 10d nail?
----- Original Message -----
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org