Re: 2000 NEHRP

Dennis-
The analytical method used originally is shown in APA157. The later publications
use a set of charts (instead of the formulas in 157) and I think they may be
slightly more conservative.  The testing was done originally by Sugiyama and
later verified and expanded by Dan Dolan's tests at VPI. I personally use the
APA method but reinforce the openings with CS16 strapping.  Different strokes...

Chuck Utzman