Re: Concrete slab topping

I suggest an adhesive. If you don't have access to epoxy based adhesives

you can use cement paste. Using 1" topping is difficult anytime. If you
can use more, you should. You should use a mesh reinforcement if
available, since cracks will likely be a problem. Do not use pea gravel.
Use about a 1:4 mix (1 cement to 4 sand/small gravel) with as little
water as possible. If you can pour it, you have too much water. Then cure
it well with a paper or plastic membrane to keep the water inside for
several days. Or keep it wet 24 hrs. a day for several days.

Stan Scholl, P.E.