RE: 2000 NEHRP

Thanks for the information, Chuck. I am adding a discussion forum on the
Structuralist for those who would like to share information. I know that Jay
Crandell from NAHB-RC mentioned that they were doing more testing on the
perforated wall panels - especially in regard to the capacity of the ends of
the wall to resist uplift in both directions (in other words if straps are
used to resist uplift in one direction, the same connection can be used to
resist in the orthogonal direction.
There seems to be some updated information coming out soon that may revise
the work of Dan Dolan's. I will invite Dan to participate on the forum if he
has time. I've e-mailed Frank Worste of Virginia Tech's Wood department as
well. He gave me the impression that there is not a lot of willingness to
debate or discuss the research documents, but we can try.

I'm posting another message regarding full-compliance design issues for
discussion on the Structuralist.Net. I think it is time we resolve some of
the problems that have not established standards for design. This may help,
and invite you to participate.

More later,
Dennis