RE: A490 Bolts and Correct Washers[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: A490 Bolts and Correct Washers
- From: "Heath Mitchell" <mitchell(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:52:57 -0500
>>At first glance, I just figured the
author was referring to a PRETENSIONED
>That implication was not intended. The ambiguity that is occasionally found in previous editions of the RCSC Specification has been clarified in the 2000 version. We >were painstakingly consistent (at least I hope we were) in using proper and consistent terminology throughout. No more use of ambiguous terms like tightened.
Just to clear something up…7(c)(6) in the 1994 Spec. applies to pretensioned bolts with an oversize or short-slotted hole in the outer ply. To me, Charlie’s response indicated that it applied to snug-tight bolts and it does not. Just in case others read it the same way I did.
- Prev by Subject: RE: A490 Bolts and Correct Washers
- Next by Subject: RE: Aas ruling
- Previous by thread: RE: A490 Bolts and Correct Washers
- Next by thread: Investigating Welds