From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 01 11:21:21 -0500
>I shudder at estimating based on energy methods applied to the deflected
>shape. Anyone know of an empirical or analytical report to aid in
>determining what the force was at pull-through?
It's non-linear so you're not likely to run into a closed form method
that will tell you. You might try testing for a quick answer, otherwise
you can probably find someone to do the problem with FEA.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org