RE: In Re: "The ICC and NFPA's Tug Of War"

Bill:

I feel your pain...

Then there's Chicago, with its own building code!

They don't update design code references often though...

(It still requires concrete to comply with ACI 318-83...!)

In addition, we use BOCA and UBC in Illinois/Indiana/Michigan...

Wisconsin has its own code...!

I miss the days of working in the UK...

The British Standard Codes are very good (I Think)...

See, there are times when government involvement is a good thing!

Regards,

David L. Fisher, SE, PE
Senior Principal
Fisher+Horos Structural Engineers