Re: Adobe acrobat 5.0 STOP!!!

>>I just loaded acrobat 5.0 It no longer will capture images to text!!!!
>>ADOBE now wants you to send you file to thier site to be captured, for a
>>fee!!! It no longer will interpret tif files!!!!
Half true. The capture plugin isn't included but the Adobe site
translation is free to Acrobat owners. Non-owners can do 3 full scans per
day. It's also probably fair to mention that you can handle tiffs the way
you always handle TIFFS and any other file--print it to a pdf and add
that to your PDF document.

Actually, I thought the paper capture plug-in needed a lot of work
anyway--free site capture seems OK to me. It would be nice to have a
choice, though. If I were doing a lot of that, I'd probably want good
solid OCR software, unless the plug-in were a lot better than the present
Paper Capture.