From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 01 11:21:17 -0500
>>I just loaded acrobat 5.0 It no longer will capture images to text!!!!
>>ADOBE now wants you to send you file to thier site to be captured, for a
>>fee!!! It no longer will interpret tif files!!!!
Half true. The capture plugin isn't included but the Adobe site
translation is free to Acrobat owners. Non-owners can do 3 full scans per
day. It's also probably fair to mention that you can handle tiffs the way
you always handle TIFFS and any other file--print it to a pdf and add
that to your PDF document.
Actually, I thought the paper capture plug-in needed a lot of work
anyway--free site capture seems OK to me. It would be nice to have a
choice, though. If I were doing a lot of that, I'd probably want good
solid OCR software, unless the plug-in were a lot better than the present
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org