RE: "The ICC and NFPA's Tug Of War"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: "The ICC and NFPA's Tug Of War"
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:57:18 -0500
It appears to me that the contest between ICC and NFPA has nothing whatsoever to do with the welfare of the general public or the best interests of design engineers. I also don't believe that it really has anything to do with the consensus approval process, or "who gets to vote". Rather, it is simply a battle over power and money.
This struggle will ultimately be played out on a local level, in front of city councils everywhere. The chief building official will support IBC-2000. The fire chief will support NFPA-5000. Which one of those individuals has the most influence? Usually, it is the guy with the fancy red trucks!
Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
(nervous hockey fan)
in Dallas, Texas
- Prev by Subject: RE: "street creep"?
- Next by Subject: "X" Bracing
- Previous by thread: RE: Signs of Spring
- Next by thread: AISC Latest Move