RE: "The ICC and NFPA's Tug Of War"

Title: RE: "The ICC and NFPA's Tug Of War"

It appears to me that the contest between ICC and NFPA has nothing whatsoever to do with the welfare of the general public or the best interests of design engineers.  I also don't believe that it really has anything to do with the consensus approval process, or "who gets to vote".  Rather, it is simply a battle over power and money.

This struggle will ultimately be played out on a local level, in front of city councils everywhere.  The chief building official will support IBC-2000.  The fire chief will support NFPA-5000.  Which one of those individuals has the most influence?  Usually, it is the guy with the fancy red trucks!

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
(nervous hockey fan)
in Dallas, Texas