Signs of Spring

Bill,

If you have cool nights and warm days, like we have in the spring and fall,
these critters like to curl up on your concrete porch at night to soak up the
heat stored during the day.  Can be a big surprise if you step out barefoot.

I remember the first time I heard the buzz of a rattlesnake.  I was 12 or 13
years old, walking thru the desert, when I heard it.  I instantly knew what
was making that sound and exactly where it was, although I had never heard a
rattlesnake before.

When are we going to see a picture of you holding that snake?

A. Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Polhemus wrote:

. > Ah, the wonderful signs of spring!

. > The Robin Red-Breast, the Meadowlark!

. > Of course, I live in Southeast Texas, so we have our own peculiar signs.

. > Click below to see the charming fellow I found in my (newly seeded and
. > sprouting) backyard not an hour ago:

. > http://www.polhemus.cc/graphics/spring_surprise.jpg

. > William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.