Re: White Cement

Valerie,

The PCA document, Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, states that white
portland cement is made to comply with ASTM C150 (though the ASTM does not
mention it), and is usually type I or type III.  It contains negligible
amounts of iron and magnesium oxides, the constituents that give cement the
gray color.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer